Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Incessant Intensive Practice Day

One of these days, I just might drive my neighbours crazy.

I'm recording another EP, "Young and Free", at the Hub this Thursday and Friday, which means that today is yet another Incessant Intensive Practice day for me. I wonder how many of the cacaphonic trills and off-tune flourishes of songs in need of more practice are audible through this thin floor. I wonder if they think those rich notes caused by me striking the piano keys with my forehead (an important part of a good practice session) are a creative take on a Dracula theme song or Beethoven's Fifth Symphony.

Next week, as it happens, we're also getting a saxophone. We thought the neighbours would enjoy it, you know.

So, since I really should get back to practicing, I'll just leave you with a sneak peek of the lyrics I'll be taking into the studio with me, complete with 'oohs' and 'ahhs' and even 'toot-toots' where I'll be singing them! Enjoy.

'Young and Free' Lyrics
All Your Time For Me
Thought Train
Waiting Is What I Do
Meant To Be
I Am Here

No comments:

Post a Comment