Saturday, August 6, 2011

Reviews of the Young & Free EP

[Click on the name of the reviewer for their full review]

Positive reviews:

The Universal YellowKeys:
The ‘Young and Free EP’ by Taryn Leia Prescott is just that. The whole sound is young and pretty free, and it is now the sort of sound we are covering now and then. So here we go.

And, just to mention, I chose this EP to start off our lightening things up a bit occasionally because this EP is so excellent for that and is of such a particular quality that even I cannot deny it's awesomeness despite its inability to bring me to tears, make nations rise up against oppressors, or simply keep someone out of the local pub. Actually, it could keep someone out of a local pub. Unless they're playing it in the pub... which would attract a lot of customers. This 'just to mention' is getting too long and free, so let's just go straight ahead to the music and the lovely, disgustingly talented Mrs Taryn...

I wasn’t sure what rating to give the EP, since it is too different from most of what is in my library to compare, so I’ve decided to simply judge it for what it is... An excellent 8.0/10 should do just dandy and match up well to the high quality of the EP.



The Upturned Microscope:
...the music and lyrics are different in style to Bride [see that review here], with some humour, a more upbeat flavour and a strange sweetness that’ll make you drop what you’re doing and listen. Along with young love, Taryn also explores some interesting instrumental arrangements and even goes demi-bluesy on track 2, Thought Train. The last track, Meant to be, oozes with childhood sweetness and a heart-aching violin solo.

A small, deep and beautiful sound for the summer.



Free To Be Me:
My incredibly talented friend/sister, Taryn Leia Prescott is on the road to world fame. I'm not kidding, she really is. Just listen to this music and dare to disagree with me! Go on.


Just Being Here
Right after posting the Songs of The Bride review I got a message from the Taryn Leia Prescott Facebook page letting me know about this new album - I figured I would go ahead and do the review quickly, here at lunch.

The music style is really not any different (no reason that it would) and I am still very much enjoying the vocals - like I said in the last review "Strong and Powerful - full of spirit!"

Really good - feel very much the same about both albums!


____________

Negative Reviews:


(None thus far)

____________

All reviews are much appreciated, and we'll keep adding to the list as more are written. (And if you know of any that we've missed, then please let us know!)

If you haven't yet downloaded the EP, it's freely available here.

No comments:

Post a Comment