Sunday, April 1, 2012

Ordinary Life




What makes a life extraordinary? I wrote this song with a tangle of question marks in my head, born of encounters with incredibly alive people with an incredibly deadly disease - AIDS. "Gotta live like no tomorrow" is as true for me as for them, I realised. The way I think about the rest of my life affects the way I live today. "So teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom." (Psalm 90:12)

"Three letters and a mathematical sign / separating your future from mine" was my roundabout way of putting myself in the shoes of someone who was HIV+. I did spend a few moments panicking that people would actually think I had the disease. Then I got over it.

What do you think? What makes a life extraordinary?

Thanks for listening!
Taryn

1 comment: