Monday, June 18, 2012

For the Love of You



I wrote this song on one of those days I was panicking at the thought of becoming a 'full-time missionary' with YWAM. What about my troubled family history with the organisation? What about starting a career? What about security, a 'normal life'? I picked up my guitar and sang one of my favourite verses to myself, like a lullaby.

"Greater love has no man than this
that he would lay down his life for his friends"

Something in my heart went *click*. There's no other way to explain it.

So here I am, a missionary. Listen to the song, it explains all! Sort of.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful as always! Miss that big smile of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taryn that's wonderful! Is there some way I can purchase your CDs or tracks? iTunes doesn't work for me sadly :( and I'm a big fan! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All three EPs can be downloaded for free if you follow the 'Download Music' link above to music.tarynleiaprescott.com.

      Delete
  3. You make me want to worship everytime I listen to one of your songs...what a gift Tazzo! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, simply beautiful worship.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Taryn. This song is beautiful. And yeah I agree with the above comment, it brings me back to worship. Thank you. Thank you, Thank you for sharing this gift.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Taz, I esp love the lines: 'not that we have overcome/still we're pressing on/forgetting what lies behind'

    I love how bible saturated your music is! thanks for uploading this video! I hope this song is on the new album:)

    ReplyDelete